Best answer

Need a zap that counts the historical email interactions from Gmail/Outlook to Airtable

• 20 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I want to see the total number of email interactions in Airtable from Gmail/Outlook. Also, I want to see the last email sent and received. Is there a way to get the total number of interactions, last email sent and received directly from gmail or I need to export the data from Gmail/Outlook to CSV? Could someone here guide me on how to build the automation in Zapier? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 20 October 2022, 06:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RMorris 

There is no way to count previous interactions, you would need to do this manually using the csv export (maybe export it to Airtable and use the email field to link it to your contacts table). 

You can however create a zap to count the new ones. You would need 2 zaps, one with the trigger Gmail and another with the trigger Outlook, so when you receive/send a new email it searches for the email in the contact table. You will need a Format by Zapier step > Numbers > Perform Math Operation > Add , then using the field Number of Communications (which you should have in Airtable as a Number field) you would add 1 to this number, then another step to Update the Airtable record with the new number. 

Hope this helps

Hi @MohSwellam

Yes, this helps me a lot. Thank you so much!! I will try the zap now.