Best answer

Moodle - How to connect Zapier with Moodle.

• 12 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I am integrating Zapier with my Moodle LMS portal. On adding the connection with the moodle. It is showing the the error window. Please refer the screenshots below

icon

Best answer by Sabine D 20 March 2021, 11:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rishabh_bluCursor 

Try authenticating the app in a different browser or a private browser.

Otherwise, open a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

As per you suggestion, I have checked the same in all browsers as well as private browser. Please let me know how can I fix the same. You can also arrange a call for same to solve this issue

Hello ! I found the solution.
I tried various ways, so I'm not sure wich one is necessary but it will be helpfull I hope.

I have enable :
  • webservice (in avanced features as it was said in the first post)
  • protocole REST (and SOAP but I think REST is enought)
  • authentification by webservice (Admin > Plugins > Authentification > Manage Authentification)

• Moodle mobile web service (Admin > Plugins > Web services > External services)

Then I add :

• a webservice Zapier with the function "Get enrolled users by course id." (see the steps in Admin > Plugins > Web services > Overview)
  • Add a user on this Zapier webservice with a token (but I'm pretty sure the token is useless)

After enabling all this, I tried again with the same user, and it worked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rishabh_bluCursor!

Can you try the solution posted above by @Sabine D to see if that works for you?

Thanks @Sabine D for the reply, but I have followed all the steps. But still, I am not able to connect.

authentication failed: request to https://ilearn.preferredcompliance.com/login/token.php?username=rishabh.potti%40blucursor.com&password=Rishabh27&service=moodle_mobile_app&moodlewsrestformat=json failed, reason: unable to verify the first certificate

Please let me know, how can I fix this and connect my moodle account

Hello @nicksimard, I have checked everything but showing the same error again. Please let me know how can I fix this or it is possible to have a meeting for the same with your support team to fix this issue?

Also, ensure that Do I have to take the premium to moodle version to run setup in Zapier, right I am using the free version.