Best answer

Missing fields from Hotjar trigger

• 14 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am using Zapier integration to export my surveys data to Google Sheets, however some fields are not available for export. As an example, it is not possible to export question 3 (the tool is only available until question 2 of my survey) and user attributes are also not available. Is it a platform error or does this limitation really exist?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 May 2021, 18:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rocha.lucas 

Can you provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured where you say you cannot see the desired fields to map?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Here is 3th question on Hotjar’s Survey:

And here what I got when a need to setup this question on Zapier:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rocha.lucas 

Try scrolling the list of returned fields OR searching for the value of the question, instead of the question name.

Also make sure you’ve selected a trigger record sample that has these data points provided.

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you. Your answer helped me to understand why Hotjar’s data was missing in Zapier.

First of all, in “test trigger” step we've ​need garantee select a trigger record response that contains answer for ALL OF QUESTIONS in Hotjar’s survey. If you choose any record that user don't anwsered some question of survey that question will not appear as option in setup action.

To turn around you can send a record test with all of questions  answered and select this record in this step.