Best answer

Mechanical Turk–like service for analyzing receipts?

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’d like to create an Expensify type workflow in Xavier.

1. Email receipt picture to an email address (the name of the expense is in the subject line and the receipt is attached as an image)

2. A human finds the total expense amount on the receipt and enters it manually into a field.

3. The expense name from the email, subject line, the year of the expense, and the total amount are entered into three fields in a new Airtable record.

I’m confident that I can use a beer for steps one and three now but not two.

Are there any services available from the Xavier integration library that allows for prompting of human intelligence micro tasks kind of like Amazons mechanical Turk?

icon

Best answer by jesse 19 January 2023, 20:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @culstrup happy to help you with this workflow! I’m not familiar with Xavier or know exactly what that is/does but here is what I suggest to automate every step of what you described:                          

Zap 1:

Zap 2:

• Trigger from Docparser’s “Parsed Document Data Available” trigger
  • Create a Record in Airtable

Let me know if that’s helpful and if we can expand on/clarify any of those steps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @culstrup 

Good question.

If you are looking for OCR solutions, then check out this related topic:

Maybe another way to think about this is with this workflow:

Use an app to extract text from an image.

Then use AI to derive the desired value from the extracted image text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@culstrup Hey there, checking back in! It looks like Jesse gave a pretty solid outline and Troy provided some excellent resources at your disposal. Have you had a chance to review and set up your Zaps? Let us know if we can help break it down a bit more for you or answer any clarifying questions!

Userlevel 1

@culstrup Hey there, checking back in! It looks like Jesse gave a pretty solid outline and Troy provided some excellent resources at your disposal. Have you had a chance to review and set up your Zaps? Let us know if we can help break it down a bit more for you or answer any clarifying questions!

Yes, this is fantastic! Am sourcing contractors to implement...this is more than enough info; thank you, all.