Best answer

Make Clickup Due Date Recurring

• 14 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Is it possible to make the due date in Clickup recurring for every year? I can do this manually in Clickup, but I would like to do that from Zapier. Here is the flow I have now: Jotform submission triggers Zap that creates a Clickup task and sets the due date from date entered on Jotform. I would like that date to be a yearly recurring date. 

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 14 October 2022, 21:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cpzap!

There isn’t a way to add a recurring date to a task using the Clickup Create task action, sorry about that. There isn’t an open feature request for that addition, so if it’s something you’d like to see please could you get in touch with the Support Team to let them know. 

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you on this one!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I had a feeling. Thank you for confirming. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cpzap , 

As @Danvers said there isnt a feature directly in Clickup, HOWEVER there is definitely a work around 😏 (given you are on a paid plan because it is several steps) 

What you will do is the following: 

1. In the zap for creating the Clickup task, you will add (after the clickup action) a step Formatter by Zapier, choose Date, Add/Subtract, Input would be the start date of the task, Expression = +1 year, the result will be the task date for next year. 
  2. Create a Google Calendar event and put the Clickup task ID and maybe make the event name something like Clickup Task Update (so we can filter those later)

Now we will create a new Zap with the Trigger being Google Calendar event, Event Start

Add a filter step to only trigger for Event Name contains “Clickup Task Update”

Then the action would be Clickup, Update Task, and use the task ID in the google calendar event description

Hope this workaround helps 😃

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the workaround!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My pleasure! 

if this worked please mark it as Answer so others can benefit from it :)