Best answer

Mailerlite: copy html into Zap

• 1 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’d like to design an email in Mailerlite, and then have it send with an Airtable trigger. I can’t seem to find an option to link drafts or templates or similar, but there IS an ‘email content (Must be valid HTML content’ field.

Is there a way for me to design a Mailerlite email in the drag’n’drop editor, find it’s HTML, and copy it into the Zap? 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 3 April 2023, 16:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Sigurdur130 

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

I’m afraid that the “Email Content” field doesn’t have a drop down or pre-designed templates you can choose from. This is a type of field where you need to type in the format you want the Email content to be.

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yeah, i gathered I couldn’t pick a template as a drop-down or similar. Since the field requires HTML content I figured it might be possible to find the HTML of a drafted email and just paste it into the Zapier field. Do I understand you correctly, Charie, that you’re saying that doesn’t work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sigurdur130!

I see what you’re saying - you’d like to find a way to get the HTML of the template from Mailerlite and then copy and paste that into the Zap action. That should work in the Zap. though you would need to edit the html text to add in variables like name, etc. using information from previous steps in the Zap

I don’t use Mailerlite so I’m not sure if there’s an easy way to get the html for a campaign template. I can see that there is a custom HTML option for building a template in Mailerlite, are you able to open an existing template into that? If not, it may be worth getting in touch with the Mailerlite team to ask if there’s a way to export the html of templates. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks a lot for the reply, Danvers. As far as I’ve been able to find you can’t open an existing template (that wasn’t originally built with their html editor) in the html editor, so that’s a no go as far as I know. Sounds like what I’m dreaming of is just a dream =P

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Sigurdur130 

As Danvers mentioned, please contact the Mailerlite team to ask if there’s a way to export the HTML of templates.