Best answer

Mailchimp Unsubscribes - Possible to show which campaign?

• 17 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

When I look at my audience in Mailchimp segmented by unsubscribes, I can see the campaign title that they unsubscribed from (shown in the exported CSV as UNSUB_CAMPAIGN_TITLE). However, Zapier doesn't seem to pull in this information when I use it in a Zap. My hope is to get the campaign title into a Google Sheet. I'm able to get all other info except this. Anyone know of a way I can fetch this information?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 17 January 2020, 02:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Sarah and welcome to the Zapier community.

Yeah I'm afraid that isn't possible from the research I just did. I even poked around the mailchimp API docs to see if you grabbed the member information if they would provide you with the campaign they unsubscribed from, at a minimum if you had the campaign ID you could work with that, but I didn't see a way to do this.

I suggest reaching out to Mailchimp support and seeing what they say, if there is a way to get the campaign name or ID from which a member unsubscribed via the API we can help you build that in your zap.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @PaulKortman. Mailchimp said with their API you have to have the campaign ID before you submit the query so that doesn't totally work for what we're hoping to do. I may see if I can use their API to do automatic CSV exports of the unsubscribed segment of the audience, since that seems to be the only place I can find the data. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yeah I wish I could be of more help but I didn't see the export unsubs in the API... so hopefully they can point you in the right direction!