Best answer

Mailchimp tagging new Clickfunnels contact: email_address: Email is not subscribed to the list

• 16 April 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m having an issue where I get a new subscriber on Clickfunnels which creates a Mailchimp contact for me. I need Zapier to then tag that with a certain tag (Clickfunnels can’t do that). However I’m getting the error:

Invalid Resource - The resource submitted could not be validated. For field-specific details, see the 'errors' array. email_address: Email is not subscribed to the list

It seems like maybe Zapier may be firing before Clickfunnels has told Mailchimp to create the contact (or maybe it’s in the process?). This happens most of time, but sometimes the zap works as expected. Please help!

icon

Best answer by jpot 16 April 2020, 23:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello! I suspect that you’re right and the problem is that Zapier is trying to add the tag before the new contact is fully populated on Mailchip. A fix that comes to mind is adding a Delay by Zapier step between creating the contact and adding the tag—maybe 10 minutes. That should be plenty of time for the contact to populate.