Best answer

Mailchimp and Handwritten

• 2 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

hi Guys,

I new to Zapier, and I am having issues creating an automation.

I want to send a card from Handwrytten when I add a tag to a contact in Mailchimp.  I want that contact’s address and information to be the address that the card is mailed to.  When I try to create the automation, Handwrytten asks me to enter the receiver’s information.  But I want to automate the information from Mailchimp so that each time I add a tag to a contact, Zapier send it to Handwrytten, and it send the card from the Mailchimp contact info.

I also tried to use Mailchimp to create the contact in Handwrytten and tried it that way, but handwrytten asks me to customize the contact information instead of importing it from Mailchimp.

Can this be done?  All I want is to send a thank you card when I add a contact.  If it cannot be done with Mailchimp, can it be done with another mailing platform? 

icon

Best answer by adamsmartschan 7 October 2020, 17:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@promo1313 -

If I’m reading you right, you’re running into an issue with your “action” step in Handwrytten. When you click a field in your action, it should bring up the previous steps in your workflow: https://www.screencast.com/t/VszSKuuXQygh

You should see Mailchimp fields here. Click the one that matches (e.g., street address in Handwrytten’s street address field) and it will map in.

Userlevel 1

Hi Adam and thanks for the reply,

Specifically, what I am trying to do is that when I add a tag to a contact in Mailchimp, Zapier tells Handwrytten to send out a card.

Right now, when I try to create that automation, the Handwrytten connections ask me to enter the recipient's name and address.  

I want the recipient's name and address to come from Mailchimp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@promo1313 -

You’d need those as fields in Mailchimp. If it’s populated there it’s available for the zap.