Best answer

Mailchimp add/update subscriber for specific Groups/"interests"

• 10 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to set up an integration from Mailchimp to the Copper CRM. Our Mailchimp is organized with one master Audience and then several Groups (also referred to as “interests” in some Mailchimp docs). I would like to trigger different parameters in the integration depending on the Group(s) that the user belongs to.

For example: we have a Mailchimp Group for customers, and another for our blog subscribers. When syncing users from Mailchimp to Copper, I would like to assign users in the “customers” Group with the Copper “type” field as = “customer”, while assigning users in the “blog” Group to the Copper type = “blog subscriber”. 

It appears that with the current Mailchimp—>Copper integration, I can only select Mailchimp users based on Audience, and not Group. Is this true? Is there any workaround for this problem? Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by elandau14 13 April 2020, 21:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Ethan,

I think you should be able to see those groups. It looks like you’ve got some Zaps that are enabled and running. Can you go to Task History and check the Data Out tab for one of those, to see if you have something like this:

If so, are you able to check in your Zaps to see if you can add a filter step to only continue if that field contains “blog” or “customers”, for example?

Thanks for the response, Nick. After posting this I did actually realized I could use a filter step as you suggested. I had been looking for a way to select only a particular Group in the Mailchimp trigger, but then realized that passing the trigger results through a filter achieved the same result.