Best answer

Lookup table sorts itself

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to add a lookup table.

What I wish to achieve is, transform the product id received in webhook request to my list id in autoresponder so I can push the lead to the right list.

New products are added frequenctly and I manually create a list in my auto responder service.

When I add new row in the lookup table, it automatically sorts the key column but keeps the value column as is. With that all the mapping I had created gets completely messed up.

Why does the lookup table have to sort itself?

Is there a workaround for this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 April 2020, 15:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @neilshah - Thanks for writing to us today!

Could you let us know which apps you’re using to make your Zap?

I understand that you’re attempting to use Webhooks but need more information to better understand how to help.

Thanks!

Hi @steph.n,

I’ve data coming from JVZoo and I want to add the buyers to my MailerLite account depending on which product they bought.

So if the user buys JVZOO123, I want to add them to MailerLite456 Group.
Since I’ve around 18 products on JVZoo, I want to create a lookup table to add users to the right Group in MailerLite.

But when I create a lookup table, add JVZoo Product ID and MailerLite Group ID, the first column (JVZoo Product ID) column sorts itself automatically but MailerLite Group ID remains as is resulting in Group ID getting mapped to wrong product id.

Thanks!

-

Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @neilshah Thanks for the extra detail here! 

I have known the Lookup table action to reorder the items in the table, but in every case I’ve seen, it keeps the correct mapping (ie both sides of the table are re-ordered and not just one side). I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble with this - I’m going to look into this to see if there’s anything that we need to keep an eye on!

In the meantime, if you have a lot of items in a Lookup table (and will be adding more as you go along) then using Google Sheets is likely your best option. Create a sheet that has the Product ID in the first column and the list ID in the second column. In your Zap, use the Google Sheets Find Spreadsheet Row action to find the product ID, this will then give you the value in the second column (the list ID) that you can us in the next step. 

​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!