Question

Locating and outputting part of a string (Campaign Monitor Custom Field)

• 12 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Zap which ‘finds’ a subscriber in campaign monitor, then sends an email to a nominated email address.

The issue I am having is that my ‘custom fields’ in Campaign Monitor are all being lumped into one string in Zapier - a list of custom field strings follow by values. 

We have 50+ custom fields, and I only want the data from one specific custom field. I cannot work out how to use Zapier formatter to get just this piece of information.

I am looking for the value for the key named “Next Appointment” - which isn’t always present in the data. i.e. - if the subscriber has the custom field named.’Next Appointment’, output the data for that field key, so it can be used in the resulting email we send.

How would I achieve this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @monique.peptalkr 

Good question.

To help give us more context about the data you are seeing/using, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with outline a specific example for us.