Question

Live Weather on Google Slides

• 5 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello All,

I work for a small school and we are using Google Sign Builder as a cheap and easy digital signage solution for displays around the district. I would like to be able to display “live” weather data on one of the slides and also a clock if possible. Based on some searching it appeared as if I could accomplish this with Zapier. There was even a Zap already made. I connected everything and created a test slideshow. When I run the Zap, nothing appears in the slideshow. Any help would be appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @MrR0g3rs!

Could you share the steps in your Zap with us -what trigger/action(s) are you using? That will help folks to better understand where you might be having trouble 🙂

I’ve never used Google Sign Builder before, it sounds cool!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. I have tried two templates that were made by Zapier. The first is titled Get current weather in Weather by Zapier when new presentation in Google Slides. It uses trigger: New Presentation in Google Slides, Action: Get Current Weather. I go through all of the steps connecting it to my Google account and it tests the action and is successful but nothing appears in Google Slides. I am missing a step somewhere.

The other template I used is Get new weather forecasts and refresh Google Slides charts this reverses the process by putting the Weather App as the trigger and the Action is Refresh Charts in Google Slides.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MrR0g3rs 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu I gave up on it because I just couldn’t get it to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MrR0g3rs Sorry to hear that!

If you do ever want to try again, Zapier support will be happy to help you. You can open a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/contact-us