Best answer

Keap “Tag added to contact” not triggering Zap

Userlevel 1

I use Zaps to enroll Keap customers with a specific tag to a class in Teachable.

The Zap I created is supposed to be triggered when a “Zap: Add to [class]” tag is added to a customer in Keap. Zapier is successfully adding the class to my account when I “Retest & review” the Zap. However, it is not being triggered when I add the trigger tag to an account in Keap.

I recently created two new Zaps for a campaign I launched last week. Neither of these new Zaps are working. This is odd, because they are set up the same way as my older Zaps, which continue to work correctly.

In troubleshooting, I have tried:

• Applying the Zap trigger tag to multiple contacts in Keap; none of them were found by Zapier, and none of them have showed up under Zap history
  • Creating a new Zap from scratch and double-checking the settings

I have not tried:

• Removing the Keap Max Classic connection and re-establishing the connection. Would you recommend I try this? Do you think my active Zaps would continue to work once the connection was re-established, or would they need to be individually updated?

Thanks for any ideas you have!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 24 May 2022, 15:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Joseph Peck 

Good question.

Check out this help article:

Tagged contacts aren't triggering my Zap

The Tag Added to Contact trigger may not behave as expected in certain cases.

###

Make sure you are using the correct Keap Zap version.

Keap Max Classic is a Premium app that required a Zapier paid plan.

###

The Keap Tag Added to Contact Zap trigger is NOT instant and can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

Check your Zap Runs to see if the Zap actually triggered after some time: https://zapier.com/app/history/

###

Removing the Keap Max Classic connection and re-establishing the connection.
Would you recommend I try this?
Do you think my active Zaps would continue to work once the connection was re-established, or would they need to be individually updated?

If you use the Reconnect option for an existing Zap app connection, then existing Zaps using that Zap app connection will continue to work if the reconnect attempt was successful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you continue to have issues and can’t get the trigger resolved, you can always build a workaround from within a Keap campaign and by using Webhooks by Zapier. Here’s how:

IN ZAPIER

Trigger: Catch Webhook 

Actions: Whatever else you need Zapier to do

IN KEAP

Create a new campaign.

Trigger the campaign by your tag added, connect that to a sequence. Inside the sequence have an HTTP Post action. Configure your HHTP Post action to send to the webhook trigger in Zapier. 

Publish your campaign. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the idea and screenshots, @GetUWired! I had not used webhooks before, but this is a perfect workaround (and even simpler to set up than using a Tag Added trigger). Seriously, thank you for the help!