Best answer

Issues with the mention #channel function in Discord

• 4 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

Recently my company implemented an automessage to be posted every Monday at 9 AM PST. The message works fine in and of itself, but there is an issue wherein a channel link contained within the message is merely plaintext, instead of a link to the channel we want.

For example, we want the text #apply-to-be-a-tester to actually link to the channel CALLED apply-to-be-a-tester, but the message isn’t performing this action.

Is there a way to format this in zapier that will cause the linking to happen, or is mentioning channels unsupported?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 20:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello and welcome to the Community, @Calvin C

I did some looking into this and it appears that channel mentions aren’t currently supported with the Discord Send Channel Message action. I’m sorry about the bad news here, I’ve added your vote to an existing feature request we have open for this. 

I don’t have an ETA on when it will be implemented but we’ll notify you by email, and will update the thread here, once it’s supported! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​Great news! 🎉 Being able to “@” mention users is now supported! More info, here: