Question

Is there a way to set a trigger to create a Google Doc after publishing a Descript transcript as a weblink?

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a zap the that creates a Google doc of the latest Descript transcripts.  The problem is the Trigger is “Transcript is ready” which is the initial automatic transcript Descript creates before manual correction.  

Is there a way to set the trigger to create the Google Doc after I publish the Descript transcript as a weblink?

Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AnnaTyrie 

Good question.

There is only the 1 Descript Zap trigger that you are using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AnnaTyrie 

Options to export from Descript: https://docs.descriptapi.com/#tag/Export-from-Descript

@AnnaTyrie

Options to export from Descript: https://docs.descriptapi.com/#tag/Export-from-Descript

Forgive me, I am a bit of a novice.  I am not sure what this means, and what I would need to do to make my zap work as I want it to.  Would you mind giving me the layman’s version please?
Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AnnaTyrie 

It doesn’t look like there are the available controls from Descript to configure the Zap trigger as you want.

From the screenshot:

Users of Descript currently have 3 options to export their edited content.

1. They can export files in various formats (manually)
  2. Share a Descript link (manually)
  3. Use our one-click cloud export to publish directly to a partner. (manually)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Troy Tessalone thanks for jumping in with these resources! I wonder if @AnnaTyrie could add a filter in-between her Trigger & Action, only allowing for published transcripts to pass through the Zap. 

I’m not familiar with what data Descript brings over but @AnnaTyrie, if there is something that denotes a published transcript, Filter by Zapier could be an option!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Liz_Roberts 

Not sure that will work based on the Descript trigger description: