Question

Is there a way to get a custom role in Zendesk when creating a user in BetterCloud?

• 15 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Web hook created which is linked to BetterCloud and i am trying to do an Action of “Create a User” in Zendesk by providing Custom Roles, but I only see the standard three roles available, is there a possible way to get custom roles in there so that when I create a user in BetterCloud with a custom role the user will be created in Zendesk with that custom role.

Any information/help is appreciated

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Prateek Kamidi! Thanks for reaching out in community. 🤗

I can see you reached out to my friends in support and I wanted to share their response here: 

At this time I'm afraid that the role can only be one of the following: "end-user""agent", or "admin".

31174e335c5d60b3b219dd8fff5e348e.png
(view larger)
This sounds like a good opportunity to raise a Feature Request to allow for custom roles to be added in the Create User or Update User actions, so I've gone ahead and done this. We'll be in touch if this is something that gets added!

We’ll also keep the thread updated if this gets implemented.

Sorry to not have better news but we appreciate you flagging this here!