Skip to main content
Best answer

Is there a way to display the correct Time Zone without using an additional Formatter step in Zapier?

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I'm integrating Appointlet/SLACK.

In the legacy version of Appointlet, this integration allowed me to choose the date and time separately, in my Time Zone.

But now it appears in UTM, which forces me to do a three-step integration that is not supported by the free version of Zapier.

I asked the virtual assistand and it’s responded:

To resolve this issue:

1. Set the Timezone in Your Zapier Account:
    • Go to your Zapier profile settings and ensure your timezone is set to Mexico City time.
  2. Adjust the Timezone in Your Zap:
    • Check the timezone settings within your specific Zap. If no timezone is set, Zapier defaults to UTC for any date fields .
  3. Use Formatter to Modify Date Format:
    • If you are inputting a date, time, and timezone into a date field, use the Formatter tool in Zapier to modify the date format to match your desired timezone .
  4. Check Timezone Settings in Trigger and Action Apps:
    • Ensure that the timezone settings in both the trigger (Appointlet) and action apps match your desired timezone .

I checked my configuration Time Zone in my Zapier Account, my Zap and the Trigger and Action Apps and all are correct (Mexico City). But it still shows UTM format.

I added an instrucción: {{zap_meta_human_now}} and it is show in Mexico City time zone.

Since I’m using free version acount, is there a way to achive to show the correct TIme Zone whithout  use another step to Formatter?

Thaks you  for  your help

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CVTT - UNAM 

Help us have more context by posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined (ordered).

Userlevel 1

Hello @Troy Tessalone , thanks for the feedback, this the Zap

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CVTT - UNAM 

One option would be to use 2 Zaps.

Here’s a possible workaround…

Send data to an Airtable Base: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Airtable has fields types and formulas that can be used to transform date/time values.

Airtable has Automations

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Slack

OBSERVATION

Looks like there is a double space between the static text and dynamic variable.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone  Thank you! I'm going to try the workaround.  I'll make sure to keep you posted about the results.

Note: Indeed there was a double space.

All the best!