Question

Is there a way to create a new entry in Clickup if the option does not exist yet?

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi

I am sending data from Podio to ClickUp. I have successfully mapped my data to a dropdown field in ClickUp, converting the input into the corresponding IDs with a lookup step. 

Now is there a way to create a new entry in Clickup in case the option does not exist yet? 

Thanks

Remo

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

This Post help me a lot initially: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @RemoWidmer,

Before we dig deeper, are you looking for a “Find Task” action in ClickUp? If not, could you please clarify your question?

Thanks!

Hi,

Let me try to clarify: at this point I have already created a new task, and I now want to populate custom fields within this task with information from Podio. Some of these custom fields are based on a drop-down selection, and I know how to look up the ID of the existing options of a drop down selection and select the right one. That’s all fine. What I would like to know is if it is possible to create new options for a drop-down custom field in case the option coming from Podio does not yet exist in clickup.

Remo

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RemoWidmer,

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately, at this time, it is not possible to create new options in a ClickUp custom dropdown field directly from the Podio information via Zapier. The dropdown fields in ClickUp need to be manually created and populated in ClickUp first. Zapier can only match and select from existing options.

If the specific option you need does not exist in ClickUp, you will have to go into ClickUp and add it to the dropdown custom field manually. As of now, Zapier doesn’t support the ability to automate the creation of new dropdown options in ClickUp.

You can reach out to our Support Team to create a feature request on your behalf or you can contact ClickUp directly since they are the one who manages and maintains their integration with Zapier.

Hopefully, this helps.