Question

Is there a way to create a Microsoft Teams online meeting link via Zapier?

• 2 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Is there a way to create a Microsoft Teams online meeting link via Zapier? I have recently moved from Google to Microsoft, and I could do it previously using the Google Meet action. However I cant find something similar for Microsoft Teams. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Matt Malek 

Good question.

You may need to use this Zap action: Microsoft Teams - App Extensions

There is an AI assist that can help you configure the action.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you for your reply. I have just tried this and it had created an action however each time I have tried to test the step, it comes up with the error “

Here are the fields it created which look good, however not sure its perhaps missing some fields which are required to create an online meeting?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt Malek 

Can you show screenshots of the values you used to test for each of the fields in the Zap Editor?

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Sure, please see below. i have redacted some text/domain name.

I have also tried a few different date/time formats however none seem to be working.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt Malek 

Wondering if these 2 DateTime values need to be in a specific format, perhaps without the time zone offset. (e.g. -0000)

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I tried that however still the same error unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt Malek 

Check the examples from the MS Teams API docs:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/application-post-onlinemeetings?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http#request-headers

Make take some trial and error to determine the right field formats.

@Troy Tessalone 

I have tried multiple scenarios and none of them work unfortunately. I even used the example in the document, and I still encountered the same error. I am thinking, could there be an issue with the permissions between Zapier and Teams? Do I need to grant additional access or add something here under the App Extensions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt Malek 

I have yet to solve for this specific use case, so my feedback is limited to guidance based on what the API docs indicate.

You can try asking ChatGPT for help as well.