Best answer

Is there a way to allow Zapier to access a single Excel file instead of full permission into the organization?

• 7 September 2022
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to use Excel as a Trigger in order to update items in Cascade Strategy. However, I must Connect my Microsoft Excel account to set up the trigger, which requires Admin rights as I'm using my work email (Cascade is a company initiative we are trying to use). 

This requires my IT team to allow Zapier to have full access to absolutely everything, as identified in the image below. Is there no way to allow Zapier to allow a single excel file? Or does Zapier require access to absolutely everything? If our entire organization wants to use Zapier, it will require use to give Zapier full permission to delete files and update files on all of our accounts? I must be missing something here. 

icon

Best answer by rachael.silvano 7 September 2022, 19:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @DavidLEPMANN , 

You are correct, you need your admin (IT team) to allow this since you are using a company email. 

Okay. If I change it to my own personal email and keep my Excel file on my own OneDrive, will Zapier still be able to update the Cascade app which resides on my company account? Like, if I link the trigger to my own personal account, and then link the action to the Cascade Strategy work account - will that work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It seems that you just need to add the domain name, not sure how that would work though since I have never used this app. 

I have already successfully linked the Cascade Strategy App with my company domain name.

The issue is giving Zapier access to all of my company information by connecting my Microsoft account - that gives them rights to update/delete files, etc.

I was hoping I can set the trigger to my own personal account, which will then still update the company cascade profile as the action. I didn’t realize that anyone can randomly respond to this community - I thought it might be Zapier representatives. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @DavidLEPMANN - we have all sorts of helpful folks (Zapier staff like me and others!) who come into our Community here, many people who know our tools and want to see people build the best Zaps they can. 

For your question about access, I understand your concern. We do have rigorous standards around data privacy, which you can read about here.  

In order to any action or update, Zapier will require access to do so, but you can always manage that data and connection from within your account.

I hope that helps, and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get you set up and successful with Zapier.