Best answer

Is it possible to only save one Gmail attachment to Google Drive?

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I was wondering if anyone has solved a similar problem.  I’m trying to take a PDF (e.g. workorder.pdf) received to my Gmail account and save the attachment to a Google Drive folder.  Using Zapier, DocParser will then pull the workorder.pdf in and parse it, and update a Google Spreadsheet.  

The challenge I have is that it’s common when I receive a workorder, other files are attached to the email.  I only want to save/keep/upload the file with “workorder” in the filename.  Is it possible to do this using Zapier?  

The only workaround I can think of is to save all attachments to a staging folder.  Use Zapier to watch that folder with “workorder” in the filename.  If/when one arrives, copy that file to a processing folder.  I don’t mind doing it this way, I was just hoping for something a little cleaner.  

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 November 2020, 23:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Add a Filter step to the Zap to filter attachments by filename: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1

Thanks!  That’s kind of what I was thinking after I posted this!  Thanks a bunch @Troy Tessalone !!