Question

Is it possible to integrate Zapier with HubSpot to find contact details from a survey?

• 5 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!

I need some help integrating Zapier to HubSpot. I’m technologically literate by the barest definition of the term!

Here’s my goal: 
A user fills in a survey. That survey is compared to HubSpot’s CRM to look for the details of the user. If the user is found, we move to step 3. 

Parameters: 
The survey is from Weblium / Sitebuilder 1.02, and this can’t be changed. 

I’m trying to experiment with the “Find Contact in HubSpot” option on Zapier. But because this is out of my wheelhouse, I’d appreciate some help. 

What are Search Property Names and Search Property Values?
Is “Find Contact in HubSpot” the best way to do this? 

If you’ve done anything similar, how the heck did you do it?

Thank you in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Sand_StormZA,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Let's break down your questions:

1. Search Property Names and Search Property Values: When you're using the "Find Contact in HubSpot" action, you need to specify which property of the contact you're searching for. For example, if you want to find the contact via email you want to choose the “Contact Information: Email” in the “First search property name” dropdown field. Then map the email address from the trigger step to the “First search property value” field. If the email you mapped exists in HubSpot then the “Find Contact” step will return the contact. If it does not exist, I suggest checking the “Create HubSpot Contact if it doesn’t exist yet?” checkbox to create the contact.

2. Is “Find Contact in HubSpot” the best way to do this?: Yes, "Find Contact in HubSpot" is a good way to search for a specific contact in your HubSpot CRM. You can use the information from the survey response (like the respondent's email address) as the "Search Property Value" to find the corresponding contact in HubSpot.

Hopefully, this points you to the right direction! 😊

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help. I followed your steps, and it worked perfectly :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Sand_StormZA,

Awesome! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help! 😊