Question

Is it possible to have a zap upload an attachment from a Salesforce record to Jira issue?

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to get attachment stored in ‘Notes and Attachments’ in a Salesforce record to upload to a Jira issue.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ebimi 

Good question.

Have you tried using this Zap action: Jira - Attach File to Issue

Userlevel 1

I’m using ‘Add attachment to Issue’ action. It’s under “Attachment” that I’m unable to link the the uploaded doc that’s already in salesforce. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ebimi 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more info.

Userlevel 1

Summary: A record (has attachments) is created in SF, which creates an Issue in Jira. Then I want the attachments from Step 1 to be added to the Issue in step 3.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ebimi 

Perhaps you need to add a Steps to get the Attachments for the Salesforce record.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Troy. I’m going to try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Ebimi! I wanted to check in and see how things are going here! Were you able to try out Troy’s suggestions? Where are you at now? Anything we can lend a hand with? Let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @jesse, unfortunately that isn’t working as well. It doesn’t appear that I’m able to find the files using Find Records.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ebimi!

I’m sorry that you haven’t been able to use the Find Records step to get the attachment for the Jira step. Could I ask you to share a screenshot of how you set up the step in the Zap? Also it would be really helpful to know what options you can see in the dropdown list showing the types of records. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I don’t think this is possible with the way Salesforce stores attachment/files. I’m just going to contact Salesforce. Thank you all so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Good luck @Ebimi and if you need help again please do come back 😊