Best answer

Is it possible to get a higher resolution image in Facebook Groups "New Photo" trigger?

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey

I am trying to get an image from a Facebook Group using the Facebook Group Zap thingy. I have gone through everything correctly, and it outputs an URL to an image, however, the image is very small. It is 130x173… Then I have an Instagram Business zap that takes that image and posts it to an Instagram feed. But the resolution is terrible.

There is no other URL in the Facebook Group zap that I could use, there is no other image URL. How can I change the URL so it has better dimensions?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Kristófer,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I'm sorry to hear that you've come across a known limitation with the current Facebook Groups integration. The issue is that we can only display the thumbnail size photo, which is why it appears pixelated.

You're not alone in experiencing this, and our developers are aware of the problem. We already have a request in place to address it. Although I can't provide a specific timeframe for when the full-sized photo will be available, I've added your email to the request so that you'll receive updates on any progress made.

I apologize for not having better news or a workaround at the moment. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or need further assistance. I'm here to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I wanted to swing by here with a quick update on the Facebook Groups app

As a result of the upcoming changes to the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier will be no longer usable from April 22, 2024.

Any zaps using Facebook Groups triggers or actions are expected to stop working on that day. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🧡