Best answer

Is it possible to convert a filter to a path?

• 27 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Currently I have made a long Zap with many steps.

Due to the large number of steps I want to add a layer of filtering early on to prevent the Zap from continuing and executing all the subsequent steps if there is an error.

After having completed the Zap, I was asked to add in an event for if the Zap does not go ahead. Unfortunately Zapier does not allow me to create a new path unless it is the last step, meaning I would need to create an entirely new Zap and copy every step over.

Wouldn’t it be much easier if I could just convert an existing filter to a path? It will do essentially the same thing except instead of saying STOP ZAP, it says DO THIS INSTEAD.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 November 2023, 06:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WAZEN 

Good question.

Currently there is no option to convert a Filter to a Path.

You can submit feedback and feature requests via a ticket to Zapier Support to be logged: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 1

Submitted. Fingers crossed this happens.

I really don’t want to have to go and Retest all of the post-filter steps after copying to see if the data carried over correctly just because I didn’t put a paths step at the top when I started working on the original Zap.

Given Paths are basically just a filter with support for changing the filtered outcome, it would make a lot of sense to just be able to convert, rather than have to create an entirely new Zap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WAZEN 

It’s likely the submitted feature request won’t be implemented any time soon so probably best to move forward with manually adjusting your Zap steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @WAZEN,

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback, this is how we build and grow Zapier! I've submitted it to our internal database, which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier. 

Hopefully, this helps!