Best answer

Is it possible to automatically open a browser window using a Zap?

• 12 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I’d like to automatically open a browser window whenever a new line is added to a Sheet - using the URL found in that new line in the Sheet.

The Sheet side is very straight forward. However, does anyone know if it’s possible to link the zap to a browser so a new window is automatically opened?

I’m thinking a chrome extension may be involved in the solution as there needs to be some kind of link to the relevant user’s browser. However, I’ve not found a supported browser, and the Zapier chrome extension itself does not appear to offer this functionaility.

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 12 March 2021, 10:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Woolmarket,

I don’t think this is doable right now using zapier as opening a tab is related to the software directly and not something that can be done using API request (as zapier works).

It is, however, achievable by developing a chrome extension that listens to a webhook call and opens a tab accordingly. Not sure if you want to go that way.

makes sense. Thanks.