Best answer

Invalid Time Value - Zoom to Google Calendar

• 11 February 2021
  • 18 replies

I get 

A New Meeting could not be found. Invalid time value

When I try to set up a new zoom meeting to google calendars zap.  Im not even at the google calendar part - this seems like a Zapier - Zoom issue?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 20 April 2021, 03:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Workingonit 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured along with the error message being returned.

Check out the available helps articles: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-zoom

I am having this EXACT issue.  I have upload a screen shot.  It’s a brand new zap I am creating.  I don’t even get to the google sheet part.  It gags as soon as I add the zoom steps.  Then I get the error message “invalid time value” and says it can’t find a new meeting.

Can you please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Workingonit and @BrendaCQ - Looks like this is a bug. That said, we’ve reported this issue to the team. We won’t have an ETA but with your name added to the list of affected users, you will be contacted directly via email once we have an update to share. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

hello @steph.n could you please add me to the list of affected users? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@geneurope - I’ve added your upvote for this feature request. Should it become available, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

Edit: Correction that this is a bug as my previous post outlined.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @steph.n. However, I am slightly concerned about the change of terminology. I would consider this a bug and not a feature request as I cannot operate as intended by the app. No connection is possible between Zapier and my Zoom account  (I’m always receiving the “Invalid Time Value” error message).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @geneurope!

I think that this was just a small slip on Steph’s part - it is listed as a bug and not a feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi all! I’m so sorry for the confusion I may have caused here. I want to clarify that Danvers is correct that I meant to say bug and not feature request. I’ll update my original post to properly give context.

Userlevel 1

Hello @steph.n

Is there any update on this bug or a timeline to know when will it be possible to count on it being solved? Based on that I’ll consider waiting for it or taking some other workaround. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @geneurope!

I totally understand that you’d love to have an idea of when this might be resolved, and I really wish I could provide that. Unfortunately, there are a variety of factors that go into which bugs/features get addressed first, which makes an ETA super difficult. At this time, you might to look into workarounds, since I’d hate for you to wait for a fix and then have it take longer than you can wait.

I realize that’s not a very satisfactory answer, but I’m trying to be as honest as I can be so you’re not left waiting for a solution that doesn’t come in time.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the honesty @nicksimard. It’s refreshing. I’ll look for workarounds then :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@geneurope - I’ve added you to the bug report so that you’ll receive an update should it be resolved while you look for your workarounds.

Userlevel 1

I’m having a similar problem with Zoom, with a Zap that was working perfectly fine until about 9 April. It was finding a new meeting in Zoom and then creating a draft email for me in gmail and has been working for a few years but now falls over at the Zoom bit with the ‘invalid time value’ message. Frustrating!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all,

If this is only happening when testing the trigger step, have you tried skipping that step to see if you can continue setting up the Zap? The issue appears to be that certain Zoom meetings don't contain Start/End times  (looks like these might be recurring standing meetings?).

Or, alternatively, can you try creating a meeting as we’re searching for that sample data? So get a meeting set up and ready to save, then when you check for the new event in your Zap, save the meeting in Zoom.

Can you see if either of those things work?

Userlevel 1

Thanks Nick

Randomly the issue has resolved itself in the last few days. I’ve just checked the zap and it’s fine.

when it was a problem I tried all sorts to fix it but it did appear to be an issue with start and end times , though my meetings aren’t recurring. Mind you, even recurring meetings have a start and end time! 

Anyway, it’s working for now - I get two draft emails from the original zap that didn’t work before and from the work around that I created!!

maybe it was a change that zoom made and have since fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jododds!

Glad to hear that things are working for you now :) The issue itself appears to still be unresolved here on our end, but seems like you’re good to go for now, at least!

Can we please get an update to this bug?  After FIVE MONTHS I cannot believe this is not fixed!  This is really causing issues for me.  It’s costing me money because I have to pay human beings to do what zapier should  be able to do in its sleep.  Please respond.  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BrendaCQ, I’m afraid I don’t have any updates on this issue, I’m sorry.

The Zoom integration is owned and maintained by Zoom, so it’s their team that’s responsible for updating the integration and resolving any bugs. We work with them to let them know how many of our mutual users are affected by a bug, and you may find that emailing them directly will help to increase their attention on this. I’m sorry that I don’t have better news for you at this time.