Best answer

Integrating Zapier with JotForm and Gmail for Dynamic Email Content

• 7 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on streamlining a process where I need to integrate JotForm and Gmail. My primary goal is to extract specific information (like an applicant's name) from a JotForm submission and then use this data to personalize the content of an email sent via Gmail.

Here's what I'm trying to achieve:

1. Data Extraction[WORKING]: When a JotForm form is submitted, I want to capture certain details, most importantly the applicant's name.
  2. Data Utilization in Gmail[UNABLE TO FIND A INPUT FIELD FOR DYNAMIC VALUE]: I want to use this name dynamically in the content of an email that I'll be sending through Gmail. For instance, if the applicant's name is "John Doe", the email should be able to address him directly using this name.

I’ve got 1st step setup, but haven’t figured out the 2nd step. Has anyone here done something similar? Should I use webhook or Zapier code?

Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Anything 9 January 2024, 21:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anything 

Good question.

For us to have true context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Make sure to test your Jotform and pull thru the example record in the Zap trigger step to use to configure your Zap action steps.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, appreciate your response. I figure it out. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s fantastic @Anything! We’re glad to hear you figured out your challenges here.

Would you mind sharing how you managed to figure out your question? This will be helpful to our other Community members who might have the same question in the future.

Thanks! 😊