Best answer

Integrating Xero and Hubspot

• 15 April 2020
  • 5 replies

HI There

I am trying to link our Xero and Hubspot accounts to pass through key info to our customer records such as Invoice IDs, Amount outstanding etc.

Setting this up all works EXCEPT i need to dynamically populate the HS ID for the lookup, so this has been added on Xero in the Account Number screen (as there is nowhere else to add it)

However this then doesnt seem to be an available field in the Zap (so presuming its not pulling in on Zapier side or not supported on the Xero API?? However it seems to be supported on the Xero API https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/contacts - “AccountName”

Anyone found a workaround here??

Thanks

Steve

icon

Best answer by Wrappt 2 December 2020, 07:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @IntelligentReach ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I see you are working with Jason in Support on this issue. He will be able to dive into your Zap and troubleshoot from there!

I’ve gone ahead and edited your image above so no personal information is shared. I will circle back to update this thread once Jason has resolved your ticket :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @IntelligentReach!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our Support team had sent you. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)

ni @nicksimard sorry not seen any update about adding this AccountName attribute to your Zap for this platform? Has this been added now, if it has i can check please let me know

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

ni @nicksimard sorry not seen any update about adding this AccountName attribute to your Zap for this platform? Has this been added now, if it has i can check please let me know

Hi there @IntelligentReach, it looks like Todd from Zapier Support reached back out to you. Can you let us know if the following answer was helpful? 

I just want to make sure I understand your request correctly. Are you hoping to see an AccountNumber field returned for the New Payment trigger?

I checked on another customer's account and I see that Xero can return the AccountNumber field within the Contact block of data. However, it seems like this field is not always passed through to us. Perhaps it's a field that needs to be explicitly set within Xero?

Let's try this.

Could you create a New Payment within Xero, making sure the AccountNumber is filled out? After that, pull a sample of data in Zapier for your and send me a screenshot of the data that's returned.

9a4edda6cfa0bdab411cf9c85aa9ae57.png

If the AccountNumber isn't in the data returned, I'll look in our logs to see if that information is being swallowed somehow.

Please reply back once you've been able to do this.

Userlevel 1

HI there, thought it best to continue this thread rather than start a new one.. I can’t seem to get a return for AccountNumber from Xero?

Solved: Issue was the AccountNumber field doesn’t return if its not populated.