Best answer

Integrately pricing v Zapier pricing

• 12 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I was just wondering what Zapiers policy is towards small, indie developers and startups.  I have tested Zapier for about a month or so, and have noticed that the pricing is not really supportive towards small developers.  Billed annually doesn’t make much sense to me, seeing how many small apps are just starting off and do not yet have the user-base to require such a one-size fits all.  Even the giant Google has a tiered pricing system with firebase, and they allow you to pay as you grow.

Does Zapier support small developers, or are only established and successful businesses allowed to maintain zaps?

The truth is, almost all the zaps could be created free with a little code, as you well know.  And, for small developers, the option to spend the extra time on the code or pay for an entire year when they do not even know if the app will succeed, will almost always lead them to just spend the time to create the code in their apps themselves.

It may be wise for you guys to come up with a tiered pricing system for new startup apps.  Otherwise, the small developers may just switch to platforms such as Integrately ( 6,000 free zaps) once they reach their limit on Zapier, then back to Zapier when the zap count resets, or, just build their own api calls and you even lose them as web traffic.  You could actually convert non-spenders into spenders this way, as well as show your support to small developers and startups.

Thanks for allowing me to post:)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 March 2021, 06:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wik 

FYI: Most Zap apps are created/maintained by the app developers on Zapier platform, rather than being built and managed by Zapier.

As an end user, Zapier has pricing plans with tiers that can be paid monthly/annually: https://zapier.com/app/billing/plans

Zap plans can be upgraded and downgraded as desired.

Check out the Zapier help center for articles with answers to common questions: https://zapier.com/help

Userlevel 1

Funny, I swear I looked everywhere and did not see that.  I will take a look again now.  Thank you!