Question

Incorporating Wix form signature PNG files into zaps

• 24 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Our wix forms have signature fields. When we receive emails with the form submissions we get PNG files of the signatures.

I am trying to integrate this with pdf.co so that when people fill out applications on our site it automatically compiles a signed pdf. I have all the text/multiple choice fields dialed in but I get an invalid photo URL error when trying to hook the signature fields in.

Anyone have experience with this? I'd be fine having it upload the photos of the signatures into something else that generates a URL that can then be used to fill the forms and then immediately deletes the file from the url in a subsequent step.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @WRDN 

Please share screenshots of the field where you need to add the signature in Zapier along with the value that gives the error. 

A simple workaround would be to upload the signature to a google drive then use this link in the subsequent step.

I agree but I keep hitting a use limit and and I went into dev console and provided payment details and have that API enabled and still get the same error. Upon researchnig the topic I see many have hit the same roadblock.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You hit usage limit on Google Drive? How about Dropbox then? 

Maybe you can use Airtable as a setting stage (this way you can use a Delete Record action - which is advanced webhook action) to delete the record after you get the data you need

From an ethics standpoint I cannot make publicly accessible the signature data of customers, even if for one minute. I am trying with dropbox but have been met only with corrupted file errors.

My limit for google drive API is supposed to be 20,000 API calls per minute, I cannot understand why the error persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Can you share the Google Drive Error? Sometimes a simple disconnecting and reconnecting the account might help. 

Also, if you share screenshots of the vakue you are getting in Zapier from Wix and the value you are passing to PDF.co that would help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @WRDN! Did you still need assistance? If yes, please add your screenshots so we can help you out😄