Question

Import Products from square to shopify

• 30 March 2023
  • 6 replies

When I tried to import the products from square to shopify i am facing many issues, The product category names are simply imortes as there catgory id, Product images are listed as id and the variations are not handles accordingly. Can anyone please help me out.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Psavage! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help.

Hmm, is this regarding a custom app you’re building on the Zapier Platform? Or a zap you’re trying to create in the Editor?

I just want to make sure we get your question in front of the right set of eyes. 🙂

We are creating a  zap with inventory management, But when the zap is pulling unique ids of the values like category, image and variations   

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Psavage,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please send detailed screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured to give us enough context.

Thanks! 😊

Hereby attaching the sreenshot of zap and the imported product details on shopify 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Psavage 👋-

From looking at the screenshots you provided, it appears that the information transferred over as indicated. Are you able to provide a marked up version of this screenshot pointing out where the misalignment is? I’d love to help, but I’m afraid I need some clarifying information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Psavage! I wanted to swing back around and see how this is coming along?

Reading back through the post this stuck out to me:

...product category names are simply imortes as there catgory id, Product images are listed as id

It sounds like Square is sending categories, products, and images as ID’s instead of their “name” as they appear in Square. If so can you click the “Product Type” dropdown? It looks like in that field “Item Data Category ID” has been selected and I wonder if there’s a more appropriate field to plug in.

I’m seeing TYPE and ITEM DATA PRODUCT TYPE in an example I built- unsure what those values look line on your end but might be worth checking to see if they match the category name you’re looking for.

I think what may be helpful for us to know is:

• Which, if any, fields aren't coming through from Square at all
  • Which fields are populating incorrectly in Shopify and how do they need to appear
    • As Chanelle mentioned, marking your screenshot with those fields would also help serve as a visual

The more information we have the easier it makes to help troubleshoot since we don’t have the ability to see into your zaps in community. 🙂 Looking forward to digging into this with you!