Best answer

Image previews missing in Facebook Group posts

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I just created a zap to share to my group when any new post in the page that I manage.

It works, but when I view the post in my mobile it doesn’t show the post view. It shows the page name and then a text “View Post”. I have to click on the “View post” to see the post. 

When I post the link in the facebook group from the browser it does populates the preview of the post.

Any help on this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2021, 11:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sagoon - I think this will be some sort of view setting in FB (whether you can control it or not - no idea), rather than something you configure via Zapier.

Userlevel 1

@sagoon - I think this will be some sort of view setting in FB (whether you can control it or not - no idea), rather than something you configure via Zapier.

I don’t find any settings to fix this issue on Facebook. It’s a mystery. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just following up here to mention that in cases where images previews aren’t appearing as expected in Facebook it can be good to try using Facebook’s Debugger Tool to help get the image preview displayed correctly. 

I’d also recommend reading Facebook’s guide on preview images here: Images in Link Shares 

Hope that helps! :)