Best answer

If you remove the contact from the list in HubSpot, will they will be removed from Mailchimp?

• 8 August 2022
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

if say the trigger is whenever a new contact in a specific list in Hubspot is created, then it will go to Mailchimp. Then I also checked the option to update existing in the mailchimp part.

Question: What if I want to make sure that its not only the newly added ones but also the deleted ones to be updated in Mailchimp? Say if I delete the previously added contact in that list connected to Mailchimp, will this current properties okay?  Will it also be deleted in Mailchimp?

Is checking the ‘’update existing’’ option in Mailchimp okay, or shall I use another flow or trigger etc. Or what shall I do?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 5 September 2022, 11:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JeninaLo 

Checking the update existing option is fine. That just means that if a subscriber with that same email already exists the fields mapped will be updated. 

If you remove the contact from the list in Hubspot they will not be removed from Mailchimp. 

You will need a separate zap to remove subscribers. 

what zap route can I take to do this?

Appreciate your reply. Thank you!

Badge +3

Hi @JeninaLo,

Thank you for posting in the Zapier Community. Happy to help! 

Removing/deleting subscribers from Mailchimp via Zapier isn’t possible at present and this sounds like a feature request. 

Just to be fully transparent, removing/deleting data are usually not possible due to some API and editor restrictions. But i will be happy to raise this as a feature request for you. 

To clarify, when you say you want to remove the subscriber from Mailchimp, do you mean remove from a group action, from an automation email, from a segment, or from a list/audience? 

​Looking forward to hearing from you again soon! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just dropping in to summarise the answers on this post:

As @GetUWired pointed out:

Checking the update existing option is fine. That just means that if a subscriber with that same email already exists the fields mapped will be updated. 

If you remove the contact from the list in Hubspot they will not be removed from Mailchimp.

@EJR is correct when they say that it’s not currently possible to remove a Subscriber from Mailchimp using Zapier. It is possible to:

• Unsubscribe someone from an audience
  • Remove a tag from a subscriber
  • Update a Subscriber

Happy Zapping!