Question

I want to create a form for 3rd parties to complete that will modify the row

• 26 April 2023
  • 1 reply

So I am doing property valuations and I create a row for each valuation. There is a set of data that I then want my agent to fill in when they go to visit the property such as bedrooms, bathrooms, condition etc.

Creating a published form just creates a new row - I don’t want that. Instead I want essentially to have a unique URL for that form so that someone can go to it, input the data and then it saves me having to populate it from their email/notes and I don’t have to standardise the answers.

Happy to use a zapier integration if that would be better for such a thing but I’m struggling to find a good way.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jamie-cole, welcome to the Community!  

It sounds like you might be looking for a way to add the information submitted by the agent into the existing row that you created for the valuation. Am I understanding that correctly? 

If so, what apps are you using currently for the form and adding the rows? Depending on the apps you’re using it, I’m thinking it may be possible to prefill certain information.

You could perhaps use some sort of unique identifier (an ID of some kind) for the property to allow you to update the correct row. So the Zap that adds the row could potentially generate and email the agent a link to the form with the necessary property ID prefilled. Then when the agent fills out that information another Zap can search for the relevant row based on the property ID and update it.

Do you think that approach could work?