Question

I'm struggling to find/trigger off of sent emails in HubSpot

• 19 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi team; I need your help!

Whenever the email is sent through Hubspot, I want to get this email and send it to a Slack channel. However, I’m struggling to get this email on Hubspot. I tried to find the deal id and get the deal.

Find a deal, get a deal and etc.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Renato Alves! 👋

Ah, it looks like the ability to search for existing engagements in HubSpot has been asked about before:

There’s a feature request mentioned on that related topic to have a “Find Engagement” search action added to the HubSpot app. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that feature request. This allows us to send you an email notification as soon as that search action is added. But I’d also recommend subscribing to the related topic so that you can be kept up to date with any news shared there!

In the meantime, there’s a workaround mentioned there that suggests using another Zap that triggers on new engagements and then records them in a third-party app like Airtable. It looks like you already use Google Sheets so you could store a record of the email engagements in another Google Sheets spreadsheet. Then add a Lookup Spreadsheet Row action to your current Zap to search for the relevant email engagement. 

Hope that helps. If you do give that workaround a try and run into any issues please let us know. Always happy to help further! 🙂