Best answer

I cannot find "Attachment ID" field to insert in a “Featured media” field

I’m trying to create a new Wordpress post every time a Facebook page post occurs. Additionally, I would like to set a Facebook post picture as a Featured image for my Wordpress post.

Prior to creating a new Wordpress post, I successfully upload a picture as a Wordpress media.

But then, when I create a Wordpress post, I don’t know what to put in a “Featured media” field. E.g. when I put “Media details file” from an upload step, it creates a post with an empty Featured image.

I tried to apply advice from this thread 

but I cannot find “Attachment ID” field in an upload step anymore.

Which data from an upload step should I use?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 25 May 2022, 16:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @zkriz 

Good question.

Add a Custom Featured Image to your WordPress Post

In order to take an image from a previous step (like your Trigger, for example) and add it as a featured image on your post, you have to use 2 WordPress steps.

First, you use the 'Upload Media' step to add the image to your WordPress website:

Then, on your 'Create Post' step you make use of the image you just uploaded, by selecting "Use a Custom Value" for the 'Featured Media' field and then using the "Attachment ID":

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @zkriz! Checking in to make sure you were able to successfully map your Attachment ID into your Wordpress step to get your featured image uploaded correctly. Let us know!