Best answer

HubSpot tracking features disabled when using Zapier to create contacts

• 23 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a few Zaps running that create a Hubspot Deal/Contact based on a Ninja Forms submission. I am also running Google Ads and I connected our Google Ads account with Hubspot so we can track contacts and deal generated from a click on an Ad. 

My question is will Zapier prevent that tracking logic between Hubspot and Google ads?

It currently seems to disable some of the tracking features of Hubspot tracking code (i.e. some of my ninja forms non-connected to Hubspot via Zapier are still tracked and contacts created in Hubspot with website activity information such as pages viewed but for my Zapier-connected forms I cannot see that information, only the information passed by Zapier).

I look forward to your advice

Thomas

icon

Best answer by Thomas2M 4 March 2022, 00:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Thomas2M!

I can see that you’ve reached out to our Support team and discovered that the issue was caused by the Ninja Forms form not running the HubSpot tracking code, due to some conditional display logic on the form. 

Were you able to update the form settings on your website and get the tracking working in the end? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB,

Partly. It was indeed the ninja forms setting that that prevented the Hubspot tracking code not to run however I also found out that when Zapier is “faster” than Hubspot at creating the contact from the form submission we do not get the tracking code data in Hubspot.

I added a delay step at the start of the Zap to prevent this and now I’m working directly on the site to fix the forms settings.

Thank you.