Best answer

Hubspot engagement email not sent

• 25 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap that creates an engagement with Hubspot.  The engagement is to send an email.  The Zap runs and an email is created in Hubspot for the contact, however the email is not sent?   Hubspot says its been sent, but it has not.   If I email manually from Hubspot it works fine.  

Anyone experience something like this??

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 14 July 2020, 01:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Welcome to the community! Can you give some more detail on this error please?

Have you looked into your task history, and are you seeing an error?

Userlevel 1

I have checked after each failure, but there are no errors, and the next steps in the zap run fine… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey - I’m going to flag this with the support team in that case, as they might have a better idea than me. Hang tight

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the heads up @Saastronomical 🙂

Hi @bsouthwell! I’m assuming that you’re using the Create Engagement action in HubSpot and selecting ‘Email’ as the engagement type. Unfortunately, that action will only create the record of an email, and wont actually send out the email. Basically, you’re telling HubSpot ‘this email was sent’ rather than ‘send this email.

We do have a couple of feature requests related to emails and HubSpot - so that I can add your interest to the right one, could I trouble you to please explain what type of emails you want to send? eg do you want to send out emails in response to a particular event (in another app or in HubSpot)? Or to send a batch of emails (eg to all blog subscribers)? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @bsouthwell ,

Checking back in to see if you could provide a bit more information so that we may add your vote to the correct feature request! Are you looking to send out emails in response to a particular event (in another app or in HubSpot)? Or to send a batch of emails (eg to all blog subscribers)?

Userlevel 1

When a customer fills out a form on my site, I would like to email them from Hubspot to track opens and have the email as part of the activity feed for the customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @bsouthwell!

I have added you to the appropriate feature request. When that gets added you’ll be notified via email!