Question

html-capable mail reader gmail

• 11 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Team,

I am trying to push access codes to a slack channel from gmail. Some of the emails are showing up with the following message inside slack with: “you must have an html-capable mail reader to view this message.” For most emails, I’m able to view the entire code in my email and body of the email (this is the goal). 

Any ideas on how to ensure the entire body of the email ends up in slack?

• James

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JKNava 

For us to have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with an example of the Slack message.

Userlevel 1

• When a new email comes into my inbox and has a particular label, those emails are sent to slack
  • In the above, you see how the slack messages will post to the channel (Format, etc)

Below is how the slack notification looks:

​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JKNava 

The Slack Message screenshots did not get sent.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JKNava 

To help you troubleshoot, check the Zap Runs history to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

Sorry about that: 

Userlevel 1

see attached

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JKNava 

Possible guidance:

If you are already using one of these clients, you might need to check the settings to ensure that HTML emails are enabled.
Sometimes, email clients are set to display emails in plain text for security reasons, and you might have to manually allow HTML for specific emails or senders.