Question

How to Use Zapier to connect 2 different Intercom workspaces

• 28 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I am new to Zapier and just wondering if I can use Zapier to connect 2 different Intercom workspaces so that customers from one Intercom workspace (say A) and chat directly to the agents from Intercom workspace (say B) in the intercom messenger A? Thanks.

Regards, 

Kean  

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kean!

Welcome to Zapier (and the Community) :)

That’s an interesting workflow you’ve got in mind :) If you look at the triggers and actions available for Intercom you’ll see that there isn’t a way to accomplish that, I’m afraid.

While we DO have the New Conversation trigger, we DON’T have an action for Reply to a Conversation. Have you considered combining the workspaces, as someone mentions in this topic on Intercom’s forum?

I understand that might not be a possibility, but I thought I’d mention it.

Hi @nicksimard

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it is not possible to combine the workspaces as the other workspace belongs to one of our partners. 

Hi @nicksimard,

I can see there is a “Send Incoming Message” trigger action for Intercom. Is that something that could help with the use case? Thanks.

Regards,

Kean

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @kean admittedly, I have not used Intercom myself but after a bit of research, it appears that “Send Incoming Message” as an action will send a message from a user into your Intercom app. However, you must have a valid plan on Intercom to accomplish this. You would have to pair this up with the “New Message” trigger, though I am not quite sure this would result in the wanted interaction. Give it a try and let us know if it works out. Additionally, if you have any other questions, feel free to respond on the thread. Welcome to Zapier!