Question

How to use filter to not add Google Calendar focus time events as tasks in Asana?

I created a zap to create a task in asana for every new meeting I have, but I want to filter our “focus time” and “out of the office” type of events
I know I can filter my description but sometimes the description change.
Is there any way to filter by event type?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @efpil 

Good question.

Try adding a specific unique value in the Event Title that you can search for.

Or you can try adding a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap to find something specific in the Zap, e.g. no recipients besides you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@efpil 

Also, when configuring the Zap, you can select the GCal Calendar being used.

So if you have a separate Calendar for focus time, then it should be easy to ignore those since your Zap would NOT be configured to reference events from that calendar.

Hi @efpil 

Good question.

Try adding a specific unique value in the Event Title that you can search for.

Or you can try adding a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap to find something specific in the Zap, e.g. no recipients besides you.

I’m nut sure how to add this step, I tried with Zapier filter but couldn't find the right logic

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @efpil! 👋

It looks as though out of office events have an event type of outOfOffice so you could get the filter to check for that value in the Event Type field.

For the focus events, if they don’t have a specific event type set, perhaps you could add a colour label to them in Google Calendar? Then you could get the filter to check the colorid field to rule out any events with that specific colour label added. For example, if I wanted to exclude out of office events and events with a Tangerine colour label I’d set up the filter like this:
3a95224436da31f2397b6bd66878f345.png
Do you think that approach could work for you?