Question

How to use email address to find a company in Cognito Forms to Connectwise?

• 20 July 2023
  • 5 replies

i’m using cognito forms and working to setup a form to ticket zap.  when connecting the zap, i do not seem to be able to search the company by the email address.  has anyone setup this solution and been able to use email to find the company?  if the customer doesn’t enter the company name on the form exactly as its in Connectwise then it won’t find the company.  email is the one common link but there is no option to utilize that for company search. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @connectwisesucks 

Good question.

You may have to try using this Zap action: ConnectWise - API Request

i’m not having any luck with the api query. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@connectwisesucks 

We would need to see more detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured?

The ConnectWise API docs required a login to view.

Please post screenshots of the API endpoint documentation you are referencing.

it doesn’t sound like that is a viable solution then, i need something consistent.  based on the documentation and the history of Connectwise, i can’t risk them breaking the API every time they make an update.  it was a good though to use Zapier but i guess its just not ready to solve real problems.   appreciate the input. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @connectwisesucks! 👋

It looks like you’d need to register for a developer account with them before you’d be able to access the ConnectWise Manage API documentation. We’ve got some more general guidance on how to set up that kind of API Request action which you might find helpful to review alongside the ConnectWise Manage API documentation: Set up an API request action

That said, there’s a Find Contact action for the Connectwise Manage app that should allow you to find the company associated with that contact’s email address. Could you try using that Find Contact action to see if it gets you the correct company name?

Please keep us in the loop on how that goes!