Skip to main content

I'm completely new at Zapier and I don't get my first Zapp to run as I don't understand how it works.
I've been able to create a Zapp-step that detects if a new file is added to a folder in my GoogleDrive account. This file I want to upload to Canva with a next step. How do I do this?!?!
I've added the upload file step from Canva, with Action event “Upload asset”. Then at ‘Configure’ I have to select “File” and “Name”. What do these mean? I can't fill in anything that works.

I feel pretty stupid that I can't get this basic functionality to work, so please explain it to me like I'm a 5-year-old...

Hi there @Grandi_joost,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

The “File” field looks for the direct download URL or the direct file object from Google Drive. You can learn more on how to send files via Zaps here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

The “Name” field refers to the name of the asset that you’re going to upload. It would probably best to use the File Name from Google Drive on the “Name” field of the Canva step.

Hopefully, this helps.

Hi @Grandi_joost 👋

Just came across this and wanted to check in to see how things are going. Did Ken’s instructions help you to get things sorted?

If you’re still stuck or have any further questions please let us know and we’ll be happy to assist further! 🙂