Question

How to trigger a Zap on Zoho Desk based on a field value in ClickUp?

• 21 July 2023
  • 9 replies

I have created a zap that does the following -

When a ClickUp ticket is moved to Closed (Step 1) update the Zoho Desk ticket to Closed (Step 2).

For this I am passing the Zoho Desk ticket ID before creating a ClickUp request so the ticket ID is available with me(Step 1).

The issue is on the Zap I have to select a particular ticket to update on Zoho Desk and I don’t see any option to pass it as a variable based on the field value I got from ClickUp in Step 1. How can I make it dynamic?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @chowdharyakash 

Good question.

You can use the ‘Custom’ option to map dynamic variables between Zap steps.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

I did set it as custom but I wasn’t sure if the field is dynamic since in the test action it selects a value. I would only be confident when I turn on the Zap and it works as expected. Exhausted my zaps for this month so will get back to you next month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chowdharyakash

If you’ve mapped a dynamic variable then you will see a pill in the field.

EXAMPLE

I can see this like you said above - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chowdharyakash 

Is the value of the mapped variable the Zoho Desk Ticket ID? (we can’t see from the screenshot)

Yeah I actually trimmed the screenshot with the value.

Partial Screenshot - 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@chowdharyakash 

Have you tried testing since you’ve made the Ticket field value dynamic?

@Troy Tessalone test action did work but I cannot publish it as I am out of Zaps (on free tier).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear the test worked @chowdharyakash! 🎉 

Sorry that you couldn’t publish the Zap as you’d reached the maximum number of Zaps allowed for your plan. I did want to mention that if you did want to upgrade temporarily to test out whether this additional Zap would be worth an upgrade to a higher plan you could always downgrade later if it doesn’t work out. It’s possible to upgrade/downgrade at any time: Change or cancel your Zapier plan 🙂