Question

How to trigger 2 actions from one Gmail

Hi. I have a Zap that is working to copy an attachment to GDrive from a certain sender. 

I’d like to ALSO label that email after the attachment is copied out. 

I can’t figure out how to add that label in Gmail in the same zap -- is there a way to do that by adding another action that refers to the original triggering Gmail?

Thank you for any help here.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @danielseltzer 

Good question.

Try adding this Zap action: Gmail - Add Label to Email

Thanks, Troy. I did and inferred that the way to refer to the original triggering message was through the “M1….” variables. Now that it’s working I feel better but it’s still unclear to me whether you are referring to the entire message (M1) or a specific field only (e.g. M1 message ID) and if so which should you use as the source? I went with Message ID and that is working.

It would be great if the Zapier folks would document this a bit since I searched extensively and could not find a clear reference -- I really appreciate your taking the time to answer.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@danielseltzer 

Best to provide screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to give us proper context, thanks.