Question

How to tag a Shopify order using 'Custom Actions (Beta)' in Zapier?

• 9 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi guys! Hope I am at the right forum category.

At the end of my Zap, I want to update a Shopify order using the "Custom Actions (Beta)" function to add tags to the order.

A „New Shopify Order" trigger already exists at the beginning of the Zap. I want to access this ID / Shopify order.

The data that has to be inserted into the tag field is created by a separate action in the same Zap before the desired action is executed. 

I have already tried to implement my project myself, but unfortunately failed.

I don't have the right knowledge.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MW4521 

In order for us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured along with how the Custom Action is configured.

Hi @MW4521 

In order for us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured along with how the Custom Action is configured.

Hi Troy! Thanks for your help.

I have put a screenshot at the end of my response.

What exact configuration do you want to see?

I cant show you the configuration of the Custom Action because this step doesnt exist – I dont know how to build it, like decscriped above. Here is the point I need help.

The Custom Acction „Update Shopify Order Tag“ step should placed at the end of the zaps at every path.

Screenshot: https://imagecompressor.com/download/ov5fuk9sj5ck15dg/file_jt91507qa11k5d1271kr1ntc18/Service%20%E2%80%93%20Bestellung%20geta%CC%88tigt%20%E2%80%93%20Ohne%20Deal%20%E2%80%93%20Deal%20erstellen%20und%20updaten%20-%20v3-min.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MW4521 

Screenshots shows this: