Question

How to store caller's information in HubSpot under One Existing Call Log without duplicating?

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hope this finds you well, 

I am trying to create a Zapier and HubSpot Integration where when an Existing Clients calls in, their messages are sent to our HubSpot CRM, under their name and the message itself is stored under their Call Log Records. 

The issue I’m coming across with doing this is that: 

1. Zapier cannot find the existing contact in HubSpot 
  2. Which then creates a new contact (every time the existing client calls in), resulting in Duplicates (which is not wanted) 

There’s no issue when creating a New Contact and storing messages in the New client’s call log. But when it comes to Existing Contacts, I run through all these issues that we don’t want. 

How can Zapier Find a Contact in HubSpot and store the caller's information under One Existing Call Log under their name without duplicating?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Marijoyce M 

To give us a context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marijoyce M 

We will need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in the Zap EDIT mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Marijoyce M 

These are screenshots from the Zap Run.

We need to see how each Zap step is configured in the Zap EDIT mode.