Skip to main content
Best answer

How to send automatically Google Meet recordings?

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Good morning,

I hold Google Meet meetings with my clients and I'd like them to automatically receive the replay.

The meeting is booked with Calendly

The problem is that the video file that ends up in my Meet Recording folder is called something like "First name LAST name - Event name - DATE", but I don't have the person's email address in the file name.

How can I automatically send the replay to my customer?

For the moment, I've worked out something that works, but not every time.

A zap that goes :

trigger: new file in the Meet Recording folder

Filter by zapier to extract the first name and surname of the person in the video file name

search for this first name last name in my CRM

If it's found, I've got the email, so I can send the link to the file.

But 80% of the time, this doesn't work because all the person has to do is make a typing error when booking a call or use a nickname or diminutive of their first name, which won't be entered in my CRM, and then the zap fails because the customer won't be found in the CRM.

Thanks for your help

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @charles_kcs,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I looked into this, and it seems like what you need is the “New Recorded Meeting” trigger in Google Meet. Unfortunately, that trigger isn’t supported at the moment. However, we do have an open feature request for this exact functionality. 

I have added your vote to the list of interested members. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Hopefully, this helps.